BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Foxbody suspension single adj with slicks

4 posters

Go down

Foxbody suspension single adj with slicks  Empty Foxbody suspension single adj with slicks

Post  5pointslow August 1st 2019, 7:13 am

Currently have strange singles up front on setting 3
and qa1 rears on setting 3

both single adjustable
i leave at 4k and have air at 13lbs in my slicks

i have never yet played around with the shocks as it had worked slowing the car up . I feel the front pops up and it squats and lunges forward almost like it doesnt hold the front up and keep rear tires planted

video is not the best but sometimes front tires come up an inch and come right back down , just feels like i should be on the rear tires a little more

5pointslow
5pointslow

Back to top Go down

Foxbody suspension single adj with slicks  Empty Re: Foxbody suspension single adj with slicks

Post  5pointslow August 1st 2019, 7:14 am

any suggestions ?

if i tighten rear shocks does the keep it planted long in the rear ?
5pointslow
5pointslow

Back to top Go down

Foxbody suspension single adj with slicks  Empty Re: Foxbody suspension single adj with slicks

Post  stanger68 August 1st 2019, 12:56 pm

Have you tried lower tire pressures?

stanger68

Back to top Go down

Post  5pointslow August 1st 2019, 1:36 pm

yes played around with
12-14 range never less though

5pointslow
5pointslow

Back to top Go down

Post  stanger68 August 1st 2019, 6:01 pm

Apparently some cars like really low pressures. I have a friend who swears he runs his down as low as 6-7 depending on temperature. I ran mine down to 9 one time just to see if it liked it. It did not, but that car and his car are about as apples and oranges of comparison as you could get so I wasn’t really surprised.

Go down to 10-11 and see what happens.

stanger68

Back to top Go down

Post  Colt Macara August 2nd 2019, 10:11 pm

5pointslow wrote:Currently have strange singles up front on setting 3
and qa1 rears on setting 3

both single adjustable
i leave at 4k and have air at 13lbs in my slicks

i have never yet played around with the shocks as it had worked slowing the car up . I feel the front pops up and it squats and lunges forward almost like it doesnt hold the front up and keep rear tires planted

video is not the best but sometimes front tires come up an inch and come right back down , just feels like i should be on the rear tires a little more

Just a suggestion if you haven't already done so.... Just above your thread in the 'Sticky Section' is a link in the Suspension tuning. http://www.baselinesuspensions.com/kits/ford.htm. If you go to that link, towards the top of the page is a click on write up "Launching a Drag Car". Might be worth a read for you. I know it is theoretical but it might help you understand why your Fairmont is acting the way it does. You would know how it feels better than anyone else. I know nothing, but I thought the read might give you some good ideas on the direction you need to be headed in.  Cool
Colt Macara
Colt Macara

Back to top Go down

Post  69F100 August 3rd 2019, 1:53 pm

I run 8psi in mine on my ranger and works good I also leave on transbrake at 4200 try adjusting to shocks
69F100
69F100
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down