BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Brackets for Alternator on Dragster

+3
QtrWarrior
David Cole
stingjra
7 posters

Go down

Brackets for Alternator on Dragster Empty Brackets for Alternator on Dragster

Post  stingjra April 4th 2013, 7:09 pm

Just bought a 2010 American Dragster and does not have a Alternator on it. I would like to run the small one wire race Alternator. Anybody have pictures and know who makes the brackets. It looks like a good spot would be left lower as the air pump and breather and electric fuel pump are in the way on the other spots. Any suggestions or pictures? Thanks

stingjra

Back to top Go down

Brackets for Alternator on Dragster Empty Re: Brackets for Alternator on Dragster

Post  David Cole April 4th 2013, 7:18 pm

At work now but will post some pics when I get off.
I had an 07 American. Ran one of the ultra mini style 50 amp alts. I used a bracket from East Coast Auto Electric. The bracket was for a sbc. I called them and asked for the bracket that had the longest spacers. Cut the spacers to length and just bolted it to the motor plate
Lower left side. Also used their flat crank pulley for a bbc. Minor mod to use it with my ati bbf damper.
David Cole
David Cole
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

http://my.att.net/p/s/community.dll?ep=16&groupid=66449&

Back to top Go down

Brackets for Alternator on Dragster Empty Re: Brackets for Alternator on Dragster

Post  stingjra April 4th 2013, 7:46 pm

Thanks Daivd Pictures would be nice. It has the invovators west balancer on it .

stingjra

Back to top Go down

Post  QtrWarrior April 4th 2013, 9:18 pm

David Cole wrote:At work now but will post some pics when I get off.
I had an 07 American. Ran one of the ultra mini style 50 amp alts. I used a bracket from East Coast Auto Electric. The bracket was for a sbc. I called them and asked for the bracket that had the longest spacers. Cut the spacers to length and just bolted it to the motor plate
Lower left side. Also used their flat crank pulley for a bbc. Minor mod to use it with my ati bbf damper.

Had almost the same setup on my '96 Undercover car
QtrWarrior
QtrWarrior

Back to top Go down

Post  David Cole April 4th 2013, 10:03 pm

Can't see much from this pic:

Brackets for Alternator on Dragster Bullet2

So, here is a thread from way back. The second and third pics in this thread are from 2006 when I put an alternator on my prior car, and Undercover. I used the exact same setup with my American. I sourced the alt locally for a good price, you can buy them new on ebay for cheap too. The first couple of pics are from a buddy's bbf Racetech. Same bracket and alt.

http://www.460ford.com/forum/showthread.php?t=98607
David Cole
David Cole
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

http://my.att.net/p/s/community.dll?ep=16&groupid=66449&

Back to top Go down

Post  stingjra April 5th 2013, 8:11 am

Thank you David !!!

stingjra

Back to top Go down

Post  jbozzelle April 6th 2013, 12:06 pm

Thanks for the idea. Been thinking about how I'll set one up in the Mustang.

jbozzelle

Back to top Go down

Post  powerstrokeace April 7th 2013, 11:02 pm

I have on on my Neil & Parks car and looking for one to put on the Cameron car. My deal was the crank on the cameron is a short crank vs the long crank on the Neil & Parks car. we made our own for it.

ace

powerstrokeace
powerstrokeace

Back to top Go down

Post  fc2444 April 10th 2013, 1:57 pm

I made mine not a big deal, I don't think anyone makes one for BBF.

fc2444

http://amr-coatins.com

Back to top Go down

Post  res0rli9 April 10th 2013, 6:55 pm

from ECAE's site:

Where is this site?

res0rli9
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  stingjra April 10th 2013, 10:08 pm

res0rli9 wrote:from ECAE's site:

Where is this site?

http://ecae.com/

stingjra

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down